Sunday, August 18, 2019

Moving Back Home to Michigan

It's official. I am moving back to Michigan in September. Some of you already know some of what I have been going through and will try to be as brief as possible here. The gist of it is, I lost my good friend and roommate back in 2017. He was also a huge financial support as we shared everything cost wise. The cost of living in Florida is HIGH. My art ie books, drag shows, photography doesn't provide medical insurance, nor does it pay the bills. My long time job here in FL laid me off back in May, I did get another one in June only to be laid off from that in July. My condo owner is now selling the place I live and I have to be out 8/31. I had to do some serious soul searching and face the fact that the struggle is too real and to go on, I have to be sensible. I have had a lot of angels here living right on this earth who have blessed me immeasurably over the years. I will be staying with my sister in Michigan and have also reconnected with my brother, Dan. I can already see this reconnection with my siblings MUST be part of God's plan, so I look forward to that and seeing friends, and maybe even peeps from my Dad's side of the family again. I will be looking for work in the metro Detroit area, so if any of you have leads for that including artistic endeavors and also eventually a place of my own to live - don't hesitate to reach out to me. One never knows who they will get a lead for such, if they don't put it out there. For my Florida family of really awesome friends, we will keep in touch. THIS is when Facebook is a good thing. I will be here till Labor Day, then the journey north commences. I am really looking forward to THE SEASONS changing and the photographic opportunities that will come from that and the beauty of winter, the hope that comes in Spring. Hence, another new beginning, a push to propel in and with forward motion with hope, support from loved ones and a strong, spirited faith in God. I feel alive for the first time in awhile.

No comments: