Saturday, June 18, 2011

Miss USA 2011 Preview and My Personal Picks

Last year I blogged live during the Miss Universe Pageant, my preview to that contest was (and still remains) my most popular post ever on my blog. So, I thought I would at least do a preview for this year's Miss USA Pageant. I will not be blogging during the telecast, due to some other projects I am up to my ears in. That being said, it was a pleasure to take a look at all of the contestants and it will be an evening full of glamour for sure. Of course, I have my favorites. My top 15 is listed here in order from my most favorite on down.

Also, for the first time this year you can help select a semi-finalist by voting. Visit the Miss Universe/USA website to Vote for your favorites and for the full Miss USA experience, where you can see interviews with contestants, bios, photos and so much more. I think Donald Trump and his organization does a fabulous job with this website. It is top notch for pageant fans. Enjoy & May the best woman win - goodness knows there are plenty to choose from.

Here is my Top 15, ranked in order of my most favorite (the one who impressed me the most) and on down. Any of them would be a great representative at Miss Universe. I fell in love with my first five almost immediately - they popped right out from the computer screen. For the remaining ten, I had to do a bit of viewing...lol. This was fun - I can't wait to see how many of my top 15 actually move forward, and if one becomes the night's eventual winner. Do this exercise too, it will make your pageant experience all the more intriguing.

Miss USA 2010 Rima Fakih passes on the crown at the Miss USA 2011 Pageant - Live from Las Vegas on NBC @ 9pm/ET with your hosts Giuliana Rancic and Andy Cohen.

NOTE: ALL PHOTOS by the wonderful, world renowned photographer Fadil Berisha, who has transformed the image of the Miss Universe and Miss USA pageantry systems image since he took over as their official photographer in 2002. The photos I post here are from his glamshots of the contestants; all credit to the photographer's brilliance once again kicking it up a notch for us pageant fans and aficionados. See more of his amazing and iconic work at his website.

My Top 15 (Ranked)

1. Miss Florida - Lissette Garcia

2. Miss Idaho - Erza Haliti

3. Miss Colorado - Blair Adair Griffith

4. Miss California - Alyssa Campanella

5. Miss Tennessee - Ashley Elizabeth Durham

6. Miss Illinois - Angela Sparrow

7. Miss Texas - Ana Christina Rodriguez

8. Miss District of Columbia - Heather Danielle Swann

9. Miss Maine - Ashley-Lyn Marble

10. Miss Arizona - Brittany Dawn Brannon

11. Miss Louisiana - Page Pennock

12. Miss Delaware - Katie Hanson

13. Miss Kentucky - Kia Ben-et Hampton

14. Miss Hawaii - Angela Byrd

15. Miss North Carolina - Brittany Leigh York

No comments: