Saturday, October 24, 2009

Anya in Sepia (Photography Archives #008)


Model: Anya Allen
Photo: Antonio Cassone
2005

Anya has a timely timelessness about her and sepia worked well with the mood I was going for in this pic. Aged, but with a tinch of attitude. She delivered. Early on, in my photography, I always wanted to do something different. Not a great photographer, never proclaim to be. I see some other people's work and am blown away, but I don't try to copy their style or figure out how they did what they did - not anymore. I figure we are all different artists who have our own vision. I remember Sinead O'Connor once saying something to the effect that she hardly listens to other people's music - and I thought that was crazy. Now, as both a photographer and writer, I understand her view on that. I look at other works more so out of admiration, or for my own entertainment; never as a guide. I am also not just a "guy with a camera," or as I like to say 'queen with a cam' - ha! However, I do like to take the ordinary everyday person and let them discover their artistic selves. That way both of us grow. I look back on some of my older works from a few years back and yes, I see progress, but I also see I have a long way to go. That being said, I am very proud of all of my models and photos I share with you... as I archive, my history; my progress.

No comments: