Sunday, October 25, 2009

Check Yourself, Girl (Photography Archive #015)


"Check Yourself, Girl"
Model: Anya Allen
Photo: Antonio Cassone
2004

I always play with contrasting. Even more so than messing around with sharpness. Sometimes I even blur intentionally (as I do in some of my later work). I do a lot of work in Photoshop in the post. I am a digital photographer. I wouldn't know how to handle a traditional camera, quite frankly - although I am sure I would learn in time. I know from the various online communities I am a part of, it is greatly debated if digital photographers should even be classified as regular photographers or not. Some feel they should be listed in a class all by themselves. I, for one, artistically do not care, or have a preference. I guess because what I have learned I have done so by trial and error. For the most part, I would suppose so long as the image turns out to the liking of the client FIRST, then the photographer - anything the critics have to say can be taken at there worth based on whether it is constructive or otherwise. Goodness knows, there are plenty of them out there.

No comments: