Sunday, October 25, 2009

NKOSI~FIGUEROA (Photography Archives #014)



NKOSI~FIGUEROA
Model: Nkosi Figueroa
Photo: Antonio Cassone
2003
Looking back, even before Anya Allen and I worked together, I did some test work with Nkosi...who is my 'son-in-show.' In my female impersonation career, I used to go by the stage name "Miranda Davison" (that all changed in 2008 - those fabulous details will be revealed on this blog in time). Nkosi took on the stage name of David Davison and has always been a consistent entertainer, bringing to the stage a variety of performances - and even a character or two (most notably his impersonation of Andre 3000 from the group Outkast). I wish I wish I wish I knew then what I know now as a photographer, because he was a great model to work with. Time and distance has kept us from working together in recent years, but you never know - we may work together again someday.

No comments: