Friday, January 21, 2011

GRAMMY WATCH: Americana and Bluegrass Categories (American Roots) - Picks & Predictions

This weekend, I will be resuming my pre-Grammy Awards coverage with my picks and predictions in ALL categories. I have done this for many years and am finally doing it on my blog. Last year, I waited till the last minute, got the flu day of the Awards and totally could not finish the task. There is so much music out there and I embrace it all. This year's Americana category has five great nominees Rosanne Cash, Los Lobos, Willie Nelson, Robert Plant and Mavis Staples. It has to be one of the most competitive categories this year. Holy canoli!

Best Americana Album

My Pick: COUNTRY MUSIC - Willie Nelson [Rounder]

My Prediction: BAND OF JOY - Robert Plant [Rounder]

Best Bluegrass Album

My Pick & Prediction:
MOUNTAIN SOUL II - Patty Loveless [Saguaro Road]


The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards will be telecast live on CBS on Sunday, February 13 at 8pm, EST. For complete coverage and list of nominees, please visit the Grammy website.

No comments: