Saturday, January 22, 2011

GRAMMY WATCH - Latin Music Categories - Picks & Predictions

While I personally don't understand, or perhaps do not agree with NARAS continuous inclusion of the Latin music categories for the regular Grammy Awards (since they have a Latin wing to the recording academy now that also present the Latin Grammy Awards), the fact remains these categories still exist. So, here goes with my picks and predictions in these categories. It just seems like the Latin artists get to double dip every year now and I don't understand why they branched off in the first place, other than to pull more money out of it's membership and advertisers to have a separate awards show for this particular wing.


Best Latin Pop Album

My Pick & Prediction:

PARAISO EXPRESS - Alejandro Sanz [Warner Music Latina] (pictured)

Best Latin Rock, Alternative Or Urban Album

My Pick: 1977 - Ana Tijoux [Nacional Redcords]

My Prediction: BULEVAR 2000 - Nortec Collective Presents: Bostich+Fussible
[Nacional Records]

Best Tropical Latin Album

My Pick: VIVA LA TRADICIÓN - Spanish Harlem Orchestra [Concord Picante]

My Prediction: IRREPETIBLE - Gilberto Santa Rosa [Sony Music Latin]

Best Tejano Album

My Pick: COOKIN - Tortilla Factory [Tortilla Records]

My Prediction: RECUERDOS - Little Joe & La Familia [TDI Records]

Best Norteño Album

My Pick: CLASSIC - Intocable [Sony Music Latin]

My Prediction: INDISPENSABLE - Angel Fresnillo [Disa Universal Music]

Best Banda Album

My Pick & Prediction: CON LA FUERZA DEL CORRIDO - El Chapo [Disa Universal]

The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast live on Sunday, February 13, 2011 on CBS at 8pm, EST. For complete coverage and full list of nominees, please visit the Grammy website.

No comments: