Saturday, January 30, 2016

GRAMMY WATCH – Music Video and Film Categories – My Picks and Predictions


It’s that time of the year again.  It has been a few years since I have posted about the Grammy Awards.  It is a huge undertaking, but I enjoy the research and, most of all, the discoveries I make.  It also keeps me up to date on what the industry embraces.  Always interesting to see how some of these turn out.  As in past years, I will be posting by Field and these are merely my picks for entertainment purposes.



By all means, let us all Be Entertained.



First up are my picks at the very bottom of the ballot, but they are two of my favorite categories.



Here we go…



Best Music Video
• LSD
      ASAP Rocky
      Dexter Navy, video director; Shin Nishigaki, video producer
      [RCA Records/A$AP Worldwide/Polo Grounds Music]

• I Feel Love (Every Million Miles)
     
The Dead Weather
      Cooper Roberts & Ian Schwartz, video directors; Candice Dragonas & Nathan     Scherrer, video producers
      [Third Man Records]

• Alright
      Kendrick Lamar
      The Little Homies & Colin Tilley, video directors; Brandon Bonfiglio, Dave Free, Andrew Lerios & Luga Podesta, video producers
      [Aftermath Records/Interscope Records]

• Bad Blood
      Taylor Swift Featuring Kendrick Lamar
      Joseph Kahn, video director; Ron Morhoff, video producer
      [Big Machine Records]

• Freedom
     
Pharrell Williams
      Paul Hunter, video director; Candice Dragonas & Nathan Scherrer, video producers
      [Columbia]
My Pick & Prediction: BAD BLOOD
Best Music Film
• Mr. Dynamite: The Rise Of James Brown
     
James Brown
      Alex Gibney, video director; Peter Afterman, Blair Foster, Mick Jagger & Victoria Pearman, video producers
      [Inaudible Films]

• Sonic Highways
      Foo Fighters
      Dave Grohl, video director; John Cutcliffe, John Silva, Gaby Skolnek & Kristen Welsh, video producers
      [RCA Records/Roswell Records]

• What Happened, Miss Simone?
     
Nina Simone
      Liz Garbus, video director; Liz Garbus, Amy Hobby, Jayson Jackson & Justin Wilkes, video producers
      [Netflix]

• The Wall
     
Roger Waters
      Sean Evans & Roger Waters, video directors; Clare Spencer & Roger Waters, video producers
      [Back Lot Music]

• Amy
     
Amy Winehouse
      Asif Kapadia, video director; James Gay-Rees, video producer
      [Universal Music Enterprises]

THIS is a TOUGH category.  I really liked three of them, but only one will probably win.

My Pick: WHAT HAPPENED, MISS SIMONE?

My Prediction: AMY


I think AMY has the edge between the two, primarily because hers was produced by a music label, while SIMONE was released through Netflix. 

While I love AMY, I loved MISS SIMONE even more.

The GRAMMY AWARDS will be telecast live on CBS, Monday February 15, 2016 at 8PM/EST – PM/PST.  For everything GRAMMY, including a Full List of this years Nominees visit their website at http://www.grammy.com/

Check us out on YouTube – Please Subscribe (It’s Free!) http://www.youtube.com/cassone2007
Check out Antonio Cassone’s Author Page on Amazon at
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003OC3MME
Thank YOU!



No comments: