Sunday, January 24, 2016

MIRANDA 2004 - photos by Nkosi Figueroa

When I first began doing female impersonation/drag shows back in 1995, I went by the stage name Miranda Davison and did so primarily for all of my career back home in Detroit and for a couple of years when I moved down to South Florida. In 2008, I reached a personal milestone (1,000 shows to that point – yes, I keep track of them).  Given my newfound success not only in shows, but with my photography, books and videos, I felt a change in identity was in need.  So, I decided from that point forward to go by Cassone for my drag shows, or as some pegged me in South Florida “The Mighty Cassone.”  That happened initially because Lady Fancy had met me and worked with me for over a year as Miranda and when she would announce me at first, after I did the name change, she would say, “Welcome to the stage Mi…” and the “The Mighty Cassone” – and it stuck. 
These photos were rare ones I stumbled across from circa 2004 by my son in show, Nkosi Figueroa a.k.a. David Davison.









MIRANDA 2004 – photos by Nkosi Figueroa
Antonio Cassone, model
Photo by Nkosi Figueroa
http://www.youtube.com/cassone2007
Check out Antonio Cassone’s Author Page on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003OC3MME
Thank YOU!

No comments: