Friday, August 30, 2019

The Lady Fancy




As I prepare to move from South Florida back home to Michigan, I want to acknowledge some of the friend artists who I have worked with.  I met The Lady Fancy the same night as I met Nancy Ross. They were inseparable. It was for a Christmas show at Monkey Business. They are both now stars in their own right. And rightfully so. I want to thank Fancy for a number of things; for putting up with that extension off my right hand: my camera in her face hahaha for all those backstage banter GETTING READY webisodes. She always styled my hair. Wigs were too hot for me, so she found a way and it always worked.  Mostly, I am really grateful to The Lady Fancy and hubby, Ron, for The Gospel Jubilee.  There is nothing like it. It is church of a different kind, but not as a joke. This is a bonafide ministry. I know some patrons where this is their way of going to church. For her to transform a nightclub setting in to a roots, Southern Gospel service is not an easy feat, but they do it every last Sunday of the month and have been a long time. Lady Fancy thank you and Ron for the gigs, the hairstyles, the rides and for Amazing Grace. God bless you!

No comments: